Dr. Tyler Holck has extensive leadership and project management experience dedicated to food animal production, primarily the pork industry, with both large international and small entrepreneurial corporations. Some of which include Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis Animal Health, NOBL Laboratories, and Iowa State University.
Top Quotes from Dr. Tyler Holck
- “Unfortunately, whether we are talking about pre-wean or post-wean mortality, we really haven’t moved the dial on mortality since 1988.”
- “We will be moving into the individual era of animal care soon. The technologies that manage data gathering that can be more automated, data that can be shared, and data that creates traceability from birth to market are going to be successful.”
- The staff that we are going to need to motivate are going to want to be using their technology on farms and not just at home. We have to figure out how to do Wi-Fi and allow for connected devices.”
- “Success, I would argue for my entire career, in the US swine industry has always been driven around cost, and I think that paradigm has to shift from cost to quality.”
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- You will get to meet and hear about Dr. Tyler Holck’s background and journey
- How the swine industry has evolved over the past 30 years
- How will we use our past to craft a better future
- What does success in the swine industry look like today and how it has changed over time
- Dr. Tyler Holck’s “Golden Nugget”