About the Guest
Rebecca Barton is a third-generation hog farmer on a 4500 sow farrow to finish operation founded in 1958 in Michigan. She has worked through multiple transitions during her career, first overseeing the farm’s transition from outside to inside open pen gestation, as well as a total herd repopulation in 2019.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How Rebecca Barton got involved with the pork industry
- Her role in the business
- How her operations have changed
- What it was like to go from outdoor gestation to full indoor production
- The greatest benefits that have come from this transition
- The greatest attributes of a good leader and a great team
- Rebecca Barton’s ‘Golden Nugget”