About the Guest
Dave DeVries is a third-generation farmer from Drayton, Ontario, Canada. With his wife Lauren, they operate Zeldenrust Farms Ltd., a farrow to finish hog farm, producing hogs for the Raised Without Antibiotics market. Dave and Lauren have been blessed with four boys ages 6 years, 4 years, and 8-month-old twins. It has been a joy to watch the boys take a keen interest in agriculture from a young age.
Dave is actively involved within his local Reformed Church, as well as his community’s food bank and serves as a Delegate for his County’s Pork Producers Association.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How Dave De Vries became involved in the pork industry
- How his upbringing prepared him to take over the family farm at a young age
- The experience of expanding his family operations
- The technologies that he selected to make his day to day more efficient, along with others that he intentionally left out.
- The role of his family on day-to-day operations
- The impact growing up on a farm has on children
- Dave De Vries golden nugget