About the Guest
Jon Hoek grew up in the south suburbs of Chicago, IL, and was inspired to Agriculture by his Grandpa. He graduated with a degree in Agricultural Production Management in 1986. From 1987 to 1997 he owned and operated a 550-sow farrow to finish swine operation. Jon finished a 20-year career with Belstra Milling in 2017 to start a technology company focusing on precision livestock farming and human capital. Jon has presented both internationally and domestically on the topic of pig production, systems management, and barn culture. Jon and his wife Laureen have four children and two grandchildren and reside in Wheatfield, IN.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How Jon Hoek became involved in the swine industry
- The coming disruptions in business models
- Age of extinction- Solutions needed to stay ahead of the curve
- How to properly equip your human capital
- The use of OKR goal-setting and Continuous Performance Management
- Tools for quantifying organizational health
- The use of technology for human-assisted production
- Training the people for adaptation of technology