About the Guest
Following the completion of his Doctoral Degree in Meat Science and Muscle Biology from the University of Missouri-Columbia, Dr. Chad A. Stahl founded Food Animal Consultation and Testing Services (F.A.C.T.S.). In doing so, Chad hoped to serve as a third-party scientific liaison for livestock producers, meat processors, restaurateurs, and consumers. To date, Dr. Stahl has had the privilege of providing business solutions for nearly 50 companies and universities located throughout North and South America, Europe, and Asia.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- The role of genetic companies in the search for “center of the plate” relevance.
- Nutritionists can be both the producers’ and consumers’ best friends.
- Animal welfare wins the day (producer responsibility: foot to fork)
- Will we see a return to emphasizing quality over quantity?
- Industry collaboration or quite frankly……the lack of it.
- Will packers ever pay for quality and should they?
- Are consumers willing to play an active role in their eating expertise (educating themselves on quality/cookery)?