About the Guest
Barrett Eller, of New Fashion Pork, is a Human Resources Manager that leads Performance & Talent Management and Organizational Development throughout their operations which is based out of Jackson, Minnesota.
Barrett’s previous experiences with both large publicly traded and privately owned small to middle-sized organizations have led him to his role today at New Fashion Pork and their pursuit of excellence while rewriting how strategic human resources and other supporting operations can have a competitive edge instead of following the “herd”.
Barrett’s academic and career development includes a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and graduating Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s in HR Management. He has served on Performance Management, Safety Systems, and Talent Development task force teams as well as the Workplace Safety Committee for the National Pork Board and been a guest speaker at the National Pork Industry Conference.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How Barrett Eller’s role today and how he became involved with the swine industry.
- How HR can play a bigger role in helping your operations hit their goals.
- Major challenges that we face in modern pork production around people and process management.
- The measurement of success and how contributing KPIs need to improve.
- How we develop employees at every level.
- The proper way to evaluate employees and teams.
- Barrett Eller’s “unpopular HR opinions” and “golden nugget”.