About the Guest
Dr. Tom Stein is Senior Strategic Adviser for Maximus Systems/Maximum Ag Technologies, working on next-generation pig and poultry production management software. He is the creator of the PigCHAMP software and co-founder of MetaFarms. National Hog Farmer magazine named him one of the top 50 men and women who truly made a difference in the US pork industry over the last 100 years. In 2011, the American Association of Swine Veterinarians presented Dr. Stein with the Howard Dunne Award for outstanding contributions to swine production and health. In 2019, Dr. Stein received the George Foxcroft award from the Banff Pork Conference for rigorous and high-profile research which contributes to improvements in pork production efficiency.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- Tom Stein’s background and role today.
- The status of the swine industry in regards to data.
- Why the answers to a majority of our problems today cannot be found in our records and benchmarking data.
- How “Process Benchmarking” can help producers move into the next generation of pork production.
- Examples of process benchmarking in other areas of agriculture.
- Dr. Tom Stein’s “Golden Nugget”