About the Guest
Jeff Kayser has 40 years of swine operations experience working with independent and integrated pork producers. Including business development through facility acquisitions, new construction, renovation and expansion of swine facilities and contract grower procurement. Coordinating transportation and truck wash operations, animal movements and marketing activities. Directing information services activities in reproduction and grow-finish record keeping and biological versus financial KPI benchmarking. Directing the activities of genetic multiplication and commercial farrow to finish production systems as a Senior Regional Production Manager via various production models; ESF, ABF, filtered ventilation, crated and pen gestation and with all major swine genetic lines. Currently serves as the Technical Production Specialist for Fast Genetics.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How optimal gilt matings have changed over the past decade
- The impact of breeding overweight gilts
- How the three factors to consider when selecting the timing for gilt matings are changing
- The things that can derail a gilt mating program and how to get them back on track
- What producers typically are not thinking about
- Jeff Kayser’s “golden nugget”