About the Guest
Dr. Adian Balaban is the executive director of Pork & Co., Cooperativa Silistea Productie Suine, which is also a genetic multiplier for Topigs Norsvin. Additionally, Dr. Balaban serves as the President of the Romanian Association of Swine Veterinarians and serves as a member of the Board of Directors for the Romanian Pork Producers Association. He is also a consultant for the United Nations.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- The impact of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on Romanian pork production.
- The current state of Romanian farm management and biosecurity.
- The history of African Swine Fever in Eastern Europe and Romania.
- The prevention strategies for African Swine Fever.
- The experience of breaking with ASF.