About the Guest
Dave has been a veterinarian for more than 25 years and a computer programmer for more than 30. After a long period as a mixed animal vet he is now an Associate Professor at the University of Melbourne with a PhD in Animal Welfare of cattle, where he undertakes research in dairy cattle medicine, reproduction and animal welfare. He is also editor-in-chief of the Australian Veterinary Journal and a director of the Australian Veterinary Association.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- Defining animal welfare and animal ethics.
- The 5 freedoms and 5 domains models of animal welfare.
- What it means to live a good life and how that is defined.
- What it means to have a humane death and how that is defined.
- How we can best communicate with others about animal welfare.
- What we can be proud about regarding animal welfare.
- Dr. David Beggs “golden nugget”.