About the Guest
Nat Stas is a Technical Services Manager for PIC, joining the company in May of 2017. Nat has been in the commercial swine industry for 10 years, gathering experience within production, research and academia. After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from Pennsylvania State University, Nat spent some time in production. Nat then went onto complete a Masters Degree in Animal Sciences from the University of Illinois with Dr. Mike Ellis, focusing on swine genetics and reproduction. In addition to Nat’s commitment to the commercial swine industry, he currently stays involved in the American Society of Animal Science and many livestock youth development and swine research programs. Nat resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How efficiency should be looked at in a production system.
- The many factors that impact on farm efficiency.
- The common areas discussed in relation to wean-to-finish efficiency.
- Areas often overlooked that can have a major impact.
- How we need to rethink production efficiency, how its monitored and measured, and how we prioritize tasks to improve it.
- Nat Stas’s “golden nugget”